Saturday, July 9, 2011

Midnight Sun in Finland

We just got back from an amazing week in Northern Finland. This week was all about meeting new people, eating great food and having a drink or two. A huge thank you must go to our amazing hosts who showed us how how those living in Lapland celebrate their never ending summer days!

With all the festivities, it was actually rather easy to stay up late enough to see some beautiful colours creep into the sky. The first two photos below of the the Ounaskoski River were taken around about midnight. All four photos have been added to my best of Continental Europe album.

Midnight sun over the Ounaskoski River, Lapland, Finland

Midnight sun over the Ounaskoski River, Lapland, Finland

Finnish summer cottage scene in Lapland, Finland

Finnish summer cottage scene in Lapland, Finland

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping by my site - how did you find out about it? I love your images above, they look like paintings.

    I couldn't find where to reply to your comment on my site at smugmug so popped in here to say thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathie, thanks for tracking me down! I got to your site through your DGRIN signature.

    ReplyDelete