Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The small joys of winter

So despite all my worries about winter in the UK, it turns out it’s not that bad. Now by not bad, I don’t mean not cold, it’s freezing (literally). What I do love is the fact that houses are actually heated properly over here and that when we don’t want the heating on we can light the fire place in the living room! We’ve been going for walks in the countryside, playing on frozen lakes, and even falling through into the water :) luckily only our feet got really soaked.

Train bridge over the Great Ouse River - Milton KeynesI also love warm winter drinks – I’m not talking hot chocolate here but rather yummy drinks such as mulled wine. One the stove right now is a simmering pot of Pimms, apple juice, apple and orange wedges and cinnamon. It’s soooo good and extra yummy after falling into a frozen lake!

Despite the rest of the country suffering the earliest winter snowfall in decades, we welcomed in winter with really clear blue sky days (though I think the snow is about to hit)*. I thought I’d take advantage of these and get some photos of the sun setting over a local park. By the time the sun actually set I couldn’t feel my toes but I think it was worth it! Hope you enjoy them and as always, please put your email in the subscription box if you want to subscribe to this blog.

(*edit - woke up this morning to find everything covered in snow!)



Ouse Valley Park - Milton KeynesTrain bridge over the Great Ouse River - Milton Keynes

No comments:

Post a Comment